Come February, the Super Bowl pandemic rushes in and takes over our daily lives. Imagery of football athletes or their feats, the event, passionate fans and their gimmicks make their way into every aspect of our lives, from cereal boxes, soda can faces, hotel and airline deals, to all possible venues of information and entertainment we consume. Undoubtedly, this can be overwhelming, especially if sports is not your thing.
When Super Bowl is not your thing, you have two choices:
a) Go with flow and pretend to enjoy OR
b) Choose to do something you love.
Arguably, you would prefer to do something you love – right!?
Here are Top 8 things for you if you choose to keep yourself completely away from the Super Bowl hullabaloo.
- Go for a walk or a long hike. With people stuck indoors, enthralled in the game, the roads will be free of traffic and you can enjoy a quiet and peaceful walk. If you own a dog – it’s even better. Milo, will enjoy the 1-1 time you will share with him. Don’t own a dog? Offer to walk your neighbor’s dog!
- Hit the Gym or a Spa. Maybe you are not an outdoor person. Lucky for you, chances are, most gyms will be less crowded at the time and you will have the pleasure of a great work out in a serene environment or catch up on that much wanted beauty treatment.
- Binge watch a popular TV show. Go up to your man-cave or she-shed with a bowl of popcorn or a glass of wine and take control of the remote. With hundreds of shows now available on Netflix, Amazon or Hulu, you are sure to find something that will keep you entertained.
- Go Shopping. Use your Enfavr circle of friends and find someone to watch your kids, and give Dad some uninterrupted time to enjoy the game. You will be able to shop peacefully in less crowded mall, and your sweetheart, will be eternally pleased by your wonderful gesture.
- Have friends who are parents of young kids and die-hard fans of the game? Offer to babysit their kids. Not only will you get to spend some amazing moments with the children, doing something do something nice for someone you love, will make you feel good about yourself. Know that your friend will be thankful and would reciprocate by doing the same for you.
- Want to stay away from the party crowds and still not feel like a party-pooper?
Offer to help hosting a Super Bowl Party by preparing a catered dish. Maybe you have a unique recipe for a salsa, or a dip, or a heirloom recipe for pasta sauce. Go on, make her day special and rack up a few good karma credits. Alternately, dust off your grandmother’s cookbook or find an online recipe to cook from the basics. A couple of attempts, you will soon excel at the recipe, so you can bring it to the next Super Bowl Party. Try some of these very easy Super Bowl snacks
- Bar-tend your way into the fans’ hearts and minds – Do you make a killer Mojito or a Mai Tai? Offer to be a bar host for a friend’s party. Your friend will get to show you off as professional bartender and you get a chance to master your craft.
- Give someone a Ride home. let’s face it, your guests are most likely not in shape to drive home thanks to Buds and your mojitos. Help people get to their destinations and keep the roads safe.
Still looking for ways to do all things Unsuper Bowl ? Sign up on Enfavr and check out what your neighbors, friends and communities are requesting for as Favrs. Stock up on Favrcoins for a future use – because, you are going to need them. As always, no matter what you choose to do, Enfavr is there to help you along the way.